Look at those smiles!
Our 3rd + 4th grade students and teachers have
been finding creative ways to stay connected.
Hello Anne Fox community,
We hope you are enjoying participating in our ABC countdown. Looks like next week’s weather will be perfect this week’s countdown line up….
Student Supply Drop Off/Pick-Up
As you know, next week families are assigned specific times to pick up their child’s belongings. For the safety of our staff and families please remain in your car. We will be utilizing a drive thru system. We ask that parents/guardians follow the flow of traffic through the parking lot for curbside drop off of school materials and pick-up of personal items. Once cars pull up to the school, a staff member will place a bag with all of the child’s belongings into the trunk of the car.
- Appropriate social distancing guidelines will be adhered to.
- Place a piece of paper indicating your child’s first and last name, and room number in the passenger window of your vehicle. This will help staff easily identify you as you drive thru.
- Please follow the assigned times below.
- Medication will also be returned to families on the designated day.
- If you have items that need to be returned to the school (i.e library books, textbooks, etc…), parents are asked to place all district materials (with the exception of iPads/Chromebooks) into one trash bag labeled with their child’s name and the name of their classroom teacher. Parents are asked to place this bag in the trunk of their car. These bags will be returned to each teacher’s classroom so materials can be sorted and organized.
- Any personal items not picked up will be discarded.
- Please know that teachers will not be available online to students or parents on the day where they are assigned to be at the building for material collection and pack up. There are additional days teachers will not be available to students and will not be providing lessons since they will be at the building working to close down classrooms. Enrichment lessons and activities will be provided to students for completion on these days.
|Monday, May 18th
||No Pick-up/Drop off
Teacher Planning Day
|Tuesday, May 19th
- 9:00-9:30 Von Holten
- 9:30-10:00 Dobbeck
- 10:00-10:30 Wadhwa
- 10:30- 11:00 Musnicki
- 11:00- 11:30 Sokolowski
|Wednesday, May 20th
- 10:00-10:30 Chika + Crane
- 10:30-11:00 Vargas, Hayes + McDonough
|Thursday, May 21st
- 9:00-9:30 Hayward
- 9:30-10:00 Lenzini
- 10:00-10:30 Bainbridge
- 10:30-11:00 Zahora
- 11:00-11:30 Gelz
|Friday, May 22nd
- 9:00-9:30 Jurczewski
- 9:30-10:00 Kulbeda
- 10:00-10:30 Campos
- 10:30-11:00 Walther
- 11:00-11:30 Donovan
|Friday, May 29th
(Please be ready to pick-up your child’s belongings from school AND drop off their D54 ipad/charger. See more information below)
- 9:00-10:00 Miller
- 10:00-11:00 Duncker
Non-Returning Students to Anne Fox
(Please be ready to drop off your child’s D54 ipad/charger or Chromebook/charger. See more information below)
- 9:00-11:00 Non Returning Students
Tech Drop Off Day for Second Grade and Non-Returning Students-May 29th
We are only collecting technology from second graders and non-returning students. All other grades (K, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th) will hold on to their D54 devices as they will be utilized next fall. On May 29th between the hours of 9:00-11:00AM, families of second graders and non-returning students must drop off their ipads/Chromebooks to Anne Fox School. Please place the device in the trunk of your car, cars will pull up to the building and a staff member will remove the tech from the trunk.
Registration Mailing Sent Home for 2020-21 School Year
Paper registration forms were recently mailed home if your student(s) have not been registered for the 2020-21 school year. At this time, student registration can be completed through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal or paper registration forms may be emailed to Mrs. Galer. Please be sure to make any necessary changes on the paper registration form and complete all information in the bottom section of the back side of the registration form before emailing to email@example.com.
If you have previously created a portal account and cannot recall your username or password, you can reset them yourself from the portal website. Go to http://sd54.org and click on Infinite Campus Parent Portal under Popular Links. If you have not previously created a portal account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to create one.
- Update Your Information: Log on to the parent portal by Wednesday, June 3, 2020 to review the current information and make any necessary changes. You must hit the SUBMIT button after reviewing the information, even if you don’t make any changes. If your child(ren) will not be attending District 54 schools next year, please inform our office (leave a message) where your child will be attending school in the fall so that we can prepare your child’s records for transfer. You can email Mrs. Galer at email@example.com and she will be more than happy to help you.
- Residency: All families are required to prove that they live within District 54 boundaries every year. If we were unable to verify your residency electronically, you will have the ability to upload your residency electronically through your portal. If you are unable to upload the documents needed at this time, you will be able to provide them in person when our offices reopen or you may email them to Mrs. Galer. If your address information was verified electronically, you will not be prompted to upload residency documentation and will not need to provide any documents.
Information about busing and material fees will be communicated this summer. Should you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Galer by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Fox PTA Board Member Election meeting 5/20
We will have a brief election meeting on Wednesday May 20, at 8:00AM via Zoom. In order to protect our Zoom meeting link, we are asking anyone who would like to join the meeting to email us at: Annefoxpta@nullgmail.com and we will forward you the Zoom link.
Fourth Grade Students and Parents – Band and Orchestra Enrollment Information
As many of you know, students traditionally enroll in the District 54 Instrumental Music Program in the spring of fourth grade and begin lessons in fifth grade. Due to our unique circumstances in the spring of 2020, instrumental music enrollment will be held once school resumes in the fall. In the meantime, we encourage fourth grade students and their parents to visit the District 54 website (https://sd54.org/resources/instrumental-music-enrollment-spring2020) to view information about band and orchestra enrollment so that they are prepared to choose an instrument and join the fun!
NO V-Learning on the following days
- Monday, May 18th (Teacher Planning Day)
- Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day)
Families who do not have Internet access at home or are experiencing problems with students’ devices
can email VLearning@nullsd54.org. Spanish-speaking families who need assistance can contact
BarbaraVelez@nullsd54.org or call 847-357-5074.
The Illinois State Board of Education has said that student work completed during the statewide closure should not count negatively toward student grades or a student’s academic standing. However, District 54 will continue to design high quality lessons and activities for students; to assess student progress; and to provide feedback on student work.
Wednesdays: Willow Creek Community Church will host a food distribution from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Wednesday at the D54 Rafferty Administration Center, 524 E. Schaumburg Road in Schaumburg.
Thursdays: D54 staff will be working with Township High School District 211 to distribute meal bags from 9 a.m. to noon every Thursday at Hoffman Estates High School, 1100 W. Higgins Road in Hoffman Estates.
Fridays: Willow Creek Community Church will host a food distribution from 4 to 5 p.m. Friday at Keller Junior High School, 820 Bode Road in Schaumburg.
Stay safe and take care.
Colette Bell and Priscilla Buchanan